Thursday, 12 November 2009

What Next?

A little stuck on what I want to work on next.

I still have to work on that silvery pendant with the crystal in the middle, and I purchased a variety of clear and metal beads to go with it. After toying with them though, I think they're too small and I should buy bigger beads for it, and maybe use the smaller beads in a bracelet, maybe with some memory wire instead of a clasp.

Also, I have orange goldstone beads that I purchased around the same time I bought the snowflake obsidian ones, but I'd like to get a pendant to go with them, and that probably means another trip to Michaels, since Bead Rock, the bead store close to home doesn't have many.  I would probably need to get gold-toned beading wire and findings too, since it would look better with the stone, even though I don't like yellow-gold.

My LAST trip to Bead Rock gave me an idea to make rosaries too.  I'm not a religious person in any way shape or form, but my family members are, and I am sure I could give them away.  I bought 2 crucifixes and that little piece in the middle that connects the main string of beads, so it's a matter of reminding myself of how many beads I'll need, and picking them out.  I could go traditional, or I could even pick out some unconventional colours or patterns one wouldn't normally think of using.  I guess my lack of worry about offending the man in the sky would make me a little fearless in that sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment