Friday, 30 October 2009

Plans in the Works

Last night I visited Michael's (a craft store that has an extensive jewellery-making section) and went hog-wild.  I can't go there without spending tons of money (partly because their wares are a little pricey).

Anyhow, I purchased some more beading wire (the non-memory kind) so that I can re-do my Firstborn, and some bails, eye pins, and another roll of that clear plastic beading cord, because you can't have enough findings.

I also bought some beads to make a couple of necklaces I was planning.  I picked up some turquoise-dyed howlite and what I thought were carved dark wood beads but turned out to be black cinnabar, because I love the way those two colours look together.  I wanted a wood pendant, but they didn't have any I really liked, so I went with a turquoise-coloured shell with a peacock on it.  I think it matches rather well.  I have enough howlite left over to make some earrings to go with it, but I need to get some head-pins because using eye-pins will make them look incomplete.  I also picked up some clear glass beads and some more small silver round beads to complement a pretty silvery-rhinestone pendant I picked up earlier.  I'm still in the designing stages of that one though.

Another thing I want to do is maybe make some necklaces for my cousin's bridal party, if she likes my design.  I purchased some purple glass beads, but don't really have any ideas yet.  Michael's didn't really have a big selection of purple beads, so I may try the independent bead store near my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment